WELCOME!!! NEW EPISODES POSTED EVERY WEEK!!!


Monday, May 13, 2013

WHY THERE WAS NOT AN EPISODE POSTED LAST SATURDAY:

On Wednesday, May 8, I took in some recyclables to my nearby recycling center. After I tended to my business, I noticed a white cargo van pull up, and two guys got out, and started pulling an estimated 40-60 kitchen-sized garbage bags (10-20 of cans, the rest of plastic water bottles) full of recyclables out. With only the two of them, I decided to help them so it would go quicker.

Getting to talking with the two, I noticed that they both had badges and guns...they were officers with the California Highway Patrol (C.H.P.), and do side-work with Mothers Against Drunk Drivers (M.A.D.D.).

The three of us were able to remove caps from the thousands of plastic water bottles (which is required, because the recycling center is just one of those small cargo containers with a compactor that is the size of a newspaper machine), and got everything into the recycling center’s provided barrels, and the two officers were able to raise a good chunk of change ($190) for the charity.

The next three days, I paid for it...I was sore all over due to the strain of constant bending over and standing up, and I could not write or type the episodes due to the pain and the tiredness from the pain...but, all in all, it was all for a good cause, and the two officers were very appreciative of my help.

PRPS Episode #11 is being posted tonight, and I will get Episode #12 up tomorrow, and Episode #13 is still scheduled for this Saturday (May 18).

No comments:

Post a Comment